CORPUS CHRISTI – The Texas A&M – Corpus Christi women's tennis team wasted little time taking control of a non-conference match on Saturday, winning 6-0 over Texas – Pan American in the Islanders Women's Team Shootout.
The Islanders improved to 8-2 overall with the win, while UTPA fell to 2-7 this season. They did so in front of 109 people, continuing the Islanders tennis streak of having each match at the Thomas J. Henry with over 100 fans in attendance.
The Islanders completed the sweep without losing a set against the overmatched Lady Broncs.
No. 5 and 6 singles were defaulted to the Islanders to finish the scoring at 6-0.
Next up for the Islander women's team will be another non-conference match on March 22, against Maryland – Baltimore County. The two teams are set for a 2 p.m. start at the Thomas J. Henry Tennis Center.
For all the latest on Islanders Tennis, like the teams on Facebook (Islanders Tennis), follow them on Twitter (@IslandersTennis) and visit www.GoIslanders.com.
Texas-Pan American vs Texas A&M - Corpus Christi
03/17/2012 at Corpus Christi, Texas
Texas A&M - Corpus Christi 6, Texas-Pan American 0
1. Mirna Cicak (AMCC) def. Dana Nazarova (UTPA) 6-1, 6-3
2. Doris Kuselj (AMCC) def. Wanda Beguelin (UTPA) 6-1, 6-3
3. Stefania Nicolae (AMCC) def. Cindy Sands (UTPA) 6-1, 6-0
4. Chelsea Horan (AMCC) def. Blanca G. Izaguirre (UTPA) 6-1, 6-0
5. Mia Matuszak (AMCC) by default
6. LeAnne Mascall (AMCC) by default
Texas-Pan American 2-7
Texas A&M - Corpus Christi 8-2